Часы и здания
В этом разделе представлены постоянно обновляющиеся изображения различных фасадных и башенных часов со всего мира, размещаемые на сайте www.flickr.com 
Clocks and Buildings Pool
Lottery Building

string_bass_dave has added a photo to the pool:

Lottery Building

Building of the Loteria Nacional In Casco Viejo, Panama City.



  • Stables Nostell Priory

    tubblesnap has added a photo to the pool:

    Stables Nostell Priory

    Prisma Filter



  • Nostell, June 2020 - 04

    nican45 has added a photo to the pool:

    Nostell, June 2020 - 04

    A walk in the parkland of Nostell Priory, a National Trust property near Wakefield, recently reopened (advance bookings only) after the Covid-19 closure. The house and gardens were closed.

    The stables.

    www.nationaltrust.org.uk/nostell



  • Bedford County Courthouse

    SchuminWeb has added a photo to the pool:

    Bedford County Courthouse

    Cupola on the Bedford County Courthouse in Bedford, Virginia.

    Ben Schumin is a professional photographer who captures the intricacies of daily life. This image may be used under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0. Please provide artist attribution, as well as a link to the original photo and to the license terms.



  • Aruba - Fort Zoutman

    Stabbur's Master has added a photo to the pool:

    Aruba - Fort Zoutman

    Fort Zoutman is in Oranjestad, the capital of Aruba.

    The fort was built in 1798 by the Dutch army. It is the oldest structure on Aruba.

    The Willem III Tower was added to the west side of the fort in 1868.

    The fort and tower were restored and re-opened in 1983 as the Historical Museum of Aruba.



     
    Clocks and Buildings Pool
    Clock / Uhr

    Traud has added a photo to the pool:

    Clock / Uhr

    Waag Gebouw
    früher Heilig Geist - Kirche: 1599

    Turmuhr auf der Nordseite 1712:

    VIVE MEMOR LETI
    FUGIT HORA

    Lebe eingedenk des Todes
    die Stunde flieht /

    Live thinking of the dead
    the hour flees

    4: Norden - Nacht /
    North - Night



  • Rothenburg - Siebers Tower

    Stabbur's Master has added a photo to the pool:

    Rothenburg - Siebers Tower

    Rothenburg ob der Tauber is the best preserved medieval town in Germany. The Bavarian town was founded in 1170.

    The Siebers Tower (Siebersturm) was built in 1204. When it was built, the tower was the southern entrance to the town until the Spital quarter was included with the walls.

    The view is from the Spitalviertel looking north up Spitalgasse toward the tower. The half-timbered house on the right was built in 1220.



  • Docking, St Mary the Virgin.

    Glass Angel has added a photo to the pool:

    Docking, St Mary the Virgin.

    Church of St Mary the Virgin, Church Place, Docking

    Grade II* Listed

    List Entry Number: 1077811


    Details

    TF 7636 DOCKING CHURCH PLACE (west) SEDGEFORD ROAD (north) 11/24 5.6.53. Church of St. Mary The Virgin.

    II*

    Parish church. C14 chancel, C15 nave and tower, north additions 1875. Flint with stone dressings, green slate roofs. West tower, nave and south porch, north aisle, chancel with north chapel and south vestry. Fine C15 4 stage tower with stone plinth, dado and parapet string courses. Ashlar dressed angle buttresses with 6 set-offs and battlements. Perpendicular west door with moulded frame and hood mould. 3-light west window above, 3 2-light tracery headed windows in stage, 4 3-light tracery head windows in bell chamber. Nave south has 3 3-light Perpendicular windows. 4 ashlar dressed buttresses with 2 set-offs. C15 south porch has angle buttresses with 2 set-offs, moulded recut C19 arch, colonnettes with moulded bases and capitals. 2 stone ogee headed niches with pedestals and miniature vaults. North and south return 2-light Perpendicular windows with brick headers to arches. 3-bay north aisle, High Victorian Gothic Decorated details, 1875 by Frederick Preedy, restoration architect. C14 chancel has 2 'Y' tracery south windows, one brick south window. Mid C19 south vestry addition also forms private porch entry from Docking Hall (q.v.). East gable angle buttresses. 5-light recut C19 Reticulated tracery east window has unrecut C14 label moulding with label stop heads and ogee cresting finial. Chancel roof lowered in mid C19, earlier pitch visible on nave east gable. North additions to chancel 1875. Interior: wide nave, 4 bay north arcade, north aisles and roofs, 1875. Perpendicular tower arch. Internal reveal to tower west door, internal tower stairs door and brick stairs at north west. C14 or C15 octagonal stone font with chamfered base, 8 standing female figures with children and other iconography against octagonal stem, 4 mutilated angle beasts, carved and figured coving section above with Evangelists' symbols, roses and angels. Octagonal bowl has seated liturgically vested figures of priests, deacons, bishops and doctors perhaps representing the Seven Sacraments. Figures also identified as SS Andrew, John and Apollonia. Panels divided by miniature buttresses and framed by crocketted ogee niches with miniature vaults. Chancel arch 1875. 2 light C14 Decorated former north chancel window now opens into north vestry. Elizabethan Jesuit Martyr St. Henry Walpole baptised here in 1558.

    Listing NGR: TF7652736976

    historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1077811



  • City of Stuart, Martin County, Florida, USA

    Photographer South Florida has added a photo to the pool:

    City of Stuart, Martin County, Florida, USA

    Stuart is a city in and the seat of Martin County, Florida, United States. Located on Florida's Treasure Coast, Stuart is the largest of four incorporated municipalities in Martin County. The estimated population is 16,237 according to the most recent United States census estimates. Stuart is the 126th largest city in Florida based on official 2019 estimates from the US Census Bureau. It is part of the Port St. Lucie, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.

    Stuart is frequently cited as one of the best small towns to visit in the U.S., in large part because of its proximity to the St. Lucie River and Indian River Lagoon.

    In the 18th century, several Spanish galleons were shipwrecked in the Martin County area of Florida's Treasure Coast. The multiple wrecks were reportedly the result of a hurricane, and the ships were carrying unknown quantities of gold and silver. Some of this treasure has since been recovered, and its presence resulted in the region's name.

    In 1832, pirate Pedro Gilbert, who often used a sandbar off the coast as a lure to unsuspecting prey, chased and caught the Mexican, a U.S. merchant ship. Although he attempted to burn the ship and kill the crew, they survived to report the incident, ultimately resulting in the capture and execution of Gilbert and his crew. The bar from which he lured his intended booty is named "Gilbert's Bar" on nautical charts.

    The Old Martin County Courthouse, built in 1937, now the Courthouse Cultural Center

    The Treasure Coast area that became Stuart was first settled by non-Native Americans in 1870. In 1875, a United States Lifesaving Station was established on Hutchinson Island, near Stuart. Today, the station is known as Gilbert's Bar House of Refuge and is on the National Register of Historic Places.

    From 1893–1895, the area was called Potsdam. This name was chosen by Otto Stypmann, a local landowner originally from Potsdam, Germany. Stypmann, with his brother Ernest, owned the land that would become downtown Stuart. Potsdam was renamed Stuart in 1895, after the establishment of the Florida East Coast Railway, in honor of Homer Hine Stuart Jr., another local landowner.

    When Stuart was incorporated as a town in 1914, it was located in Palm Beach County. In 1925, Stuart was chartered as a city and named the county seat of the newly created Martin County.

    The city of Stuart is known as the Sailfish Capital of the World, because of the many sailfish found in the ocean off Martin County.

    From 1871 to 2005, 19 hurricanes passed through Stuart, including Isbell (1964), Frances (2004), Jeanne (2004), and Wilma (2005).

    Credit for the data above is given to the following website:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart,_Florida

    © All Rights Reserved - you may not use this image in any form without my prior permission.



  • Rothenburg - Markusturm and Röderboden

    Stabbur's Master has added a photo to the pool:

    Rothenburg - Markusturm and Röderboden

    Rothenburg ob der Tauber is the best preserved medieval town in Germany. The Bavarian town was founded in 1170.

    My wife, Judy, is sitting on a bench at the Markusturm (Markus Tower). Behind it, you can see the Röderboden (Röder Arch). Both are from the 12th Century and are on Hafengasse.

    The Markusturm is known for its massive hipped roof. The Röderboden is known for its slinder clock tower.